Author Topic: Gray OLC Flight w/ XC Vario  (Read 209 times)

SteveB_Z5

Gray OLC Flight w/ XC Vario
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
I have a XC-CNV with a digital display bought in 3 steps, vario, digital display, XC package.  When I was selling the glider that this system was in I removed the digital display and moved it to the new glider that had a XC-CNV but no digital display.  ( I want the Thermal assist, best I've seen.)   I have tried to use the CNV IGC file on OLC and the flight was gray.  I do get a "Bad Seal" message when I power up the vario.  I didn't get that when the display was in the original glider.  could this be from a S/N mis-match? What do I need to do to fix this?  Would reloading the XC upgrade file fix it?  Mostly I use my Flarm file to post to OLC but like a back up as I had a download failure from Flarm on a 500k flight.   I would like to get the vario fully working.
Thanks,
Steve

Lars

Re: Gray OLC Flight w/ XC Vario
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 10:53:43 AM »
Sorry for your trouble, but you need to get the ADC resealed. Please contact support.
/Lars

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:21:31 PM »
I have a XC-CNV with a digital display bought in 3 steps, vario, digital display, XC package.  When I was selling the glider that this system was in I removed the digital display and moved it to the new glider that had a XC-CNV but no digital display.  ( I want the Thermal assist, best I've seen.)   I have tried to use the CNV IGC file on OLC and the flight was gray.  I do get a "Bad Seal" message when I power up the vario.  I didn't get that when the display was in the original glider.  could this be from a S/N mis-match? What do I need to do to fix this?  Would reloading the XC upgrade file fix it?  Mostly I use my Flarm file to post to OLC but like a back up as I had a download failure from Flarm on a 500k flight.   I would like to get the vario fully working.
Thanks,
Steve

Sealing applies only to the ADC, and isn't affected by which displays are connected, what firmware is loaded or whether the license key is reloaded.  And Lars is correct, (re-)sealing must be done by CNi. 
Evan Ludeman / T8

SteveB_Z5

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
I guess I'll do this during the winter.  Thanks.
Steve

Herras

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 05:03:28 AM »
Why exactly does the resealing have to be done by CNi? What am I missing?

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 07:31:21 AM »
That's an IGC requirement for secure flight recorders.

Evan Ludeman / T8