Author Topic: CNv - Can it be "sealed" without sending the ADC In  (Read 686 times)

Pappa3

CNv - Can it be "sealed" without sending the ADC In
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:46:13 AM »
So, with a ClearNav display and a Flarm in the glider, I haven't exactly been worried about the fact that my early CNv (pre IGC Approval) doesn't have a security seal.  But, since I'm getting all of my ClearNav stuff in order, figure it's time to get that one checked off.

Is there any way to do the CNv security seal without having to physically send in the ADC?

P3

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: CNv - Can it be "sealed" without sending the ADC In
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
No.

Send it in.  I think one of the reasons you are having problems is that you don't have the hardware updates that everyone else has in their ADC. 
Evan Ludeman / T8

SteveB_Z5

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:43:00 PM »
I sent my early (SN V22) ADC in for the hardware up grase and had my first flight with it yesterday.  When I went to down load the flight file with my Scandisk CNV memory stick I got a error message.  I had a second memory stick so tried that one.  The graph showed the file loading onto the Scandisk stick.  when I got home there was no file on the stick.  Great!  Do I need to bring a laptop with me to see if the file really loaded?  I can tell you I'm pretty damn disappointed.

Steve

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 04:32:01 AM »
Hi Steve,

If there's a problem with your CNv, I am certain Williams will take care of you. 

I've never had a case when CNv reported a successful d/l and there was no file on the USB.  But in general I've had a lot more trouble with USB drives than I have had with CNv. 

All of the "small" computer devices I've ever used, CNv included, are "fussier" about USB drives than my desktop and laptop computers. 
Evan Ludeman / T8

SteveB_Z5

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
After yesterdays flight I downloaded Saturdays and Wednesdays flights along with what looks to be a test post upgrade at Williams.  Success!  This was using the same Scandisk stick after moving all the other CN stuff on the stick into a folder.  So was having my profile and and last firmware update in the top level of the stick the reason for the error message.  I didn't try the Scandisk stick that looked to have worked on Wednesday but had no file.  I''l try that the next time.