Author Topic: Cannot Get 302 and Flarm to both Communicate to CN  (Read 351 times)

Rob L

Cannot Get 302 and Flarm to both Communicate to CN
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:34:07 AM »
I have a new ( to me ) glider that came with a Clearnav 1 , Flarm Mouse and Cambridge 302 installed. Everything appears to be installed and connected with pre-made serial cables and the Firmware and Software versions are up to date.

- The Cambridge 302 will not communicate to the CN at all on either serial port.
- The Flarm will communicate to the CN on both ports if it is connected without the C302.
- If the Cambridge AND the Flarm are both connected, then neither device will communicate to the CN, ...  ie connecting the C302 stops the Flarm working.
- I have tried a spare C302 unit and that doesn't work either. Same symptoms.
- The CN has a separate power switch and can be booted after the Flarm and C302 are started, but this doesn't help.

The glider hasn't flown much and I suspect this has never worked. The previous owner isn't around to ask.

Any suggestions ?

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: Cannot Get 302 and Flarm to both Communicate to CN
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »
I'm wondering about the 302 - CN cable.  See here, page 44 http://clearnav.net/documents/manuals/ClearNav-Installation-Manual-V3-04-2014.pdf for cable specs.

FYI... I think Rex still gives a good deal on CN1 - > CN2 upgrades.  Call or email for details http://clearnav.net/main/cn-contacts.html
Evan Ludeman / T8

Rob L

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 01:50:52 AM »
Sigh - it was kind of the cable ......

The previous owner installed the pre-made Goddard Y-Cable serial cable and fitted the PDA / ClearNav Selection Switch onto the panel. He then labeled the switch as Climb / Cruise where "Cruise" was really "turn off link to Clearnav" - Which apparently somehow disables BOTH serial devices.

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:03:56 AM »
Thanks for report.

Evan Ludeman / T8