Author Topic: CNII Software Ver. 3.19.3.6 Released  (Read 373 times)

NMayes

• Administrator
CNII Software Ver. 3.19.3.6 Released
« on: April 07, 2019, 04:29:16 PM »
April 7, 2019 - NEW CNII Software Ver. 3.19.3.6 Released

Clear Nav is pleased to release a new software update for ClearNav II flight computer.   

The release notes are included in the download.  Though there have been no major features added, this is a first crucial step towards continued development and support for the ClearNav  brand. 

Many thanks to Mike Bell, whose tireless curiosity and efforts over the past few months have resulted in several performance enhancements and fixed a couple of fairly serious computer “crash” exposures. 

ClearNav is committed to further development and support of this uniquely simple yet capable soaring flight computer system and Variometer.

carbonprop

Re: CNII Software Ver. 3.19.3.6 Released
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:59:14 AM »
My CN II won’t update.

NMayes

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »
A couple of questions to help troubleshoot the issue you are having.

Is it a USB stick that has a smaller capacity  4 or 8 Gb?

Did you unzip the file, copy it and put the contents onto the main directory of the USB stick? 
http://clearnav.net/software/ClearNav/CN-Updater/CNII-Factory-USB-Drive-Updater-Instructions-3.19.3.6.pdf

If you answered yes to both of these questions please give us a call or shoot an email and we will work with your specific issue.

ClearNav +1 (530) 473-5600 or email sales@clearnav.net

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 06:26:12 AM »
update went fine - everything seems to work fine
from sandisk cruiser 4gb stick loaded from Mac.

NMayes

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 06:39:52 AM »
Carbonprop contacted ClearNav via email and let us know they were able to update successfully.

cemx86

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
Copy of my forum item currently in the "ClearNav II" forum
================
Subject: Boot Times Very Sloooow after Install of 3.19.3.6

This spring I booted my CNII and it took about 60 seconds to boot like normal. 

I then installed the 3.19.3.6 update just released at the end of March in the normal way.  Now my boot times are about 30 minutes (no kidding, I timed it).  I reinstalled the prior version of firmware 3.0.2.17 but still the same problem.  It just sits with the hour glass showing (but not animating).  Anyone else seen this issue or, more importantly, updated and have NOT seen this issue?

The only other thing that I did in the panel about the same time was to have installed a LXNav FLARMView next to the CN.  This is connected to my FLARM Core's RJ-45 jack. This jack was previously unused.  The CNII is connected to the DB-15 port on the FLARM Core.  Yes, I will test by disconnecting the FLARMView but can't imagine that this is the cause. 

Could I have dislodged a plug/sensor on the CNII that has to timeout before the CN will complete it boot up?  Seems like there are only a few external things connected to the CN so this seems unlikely.

I am back up on 3.19.3.6 now and will deal with the long boot time issue after a few May-June trips I have planned.

Thanks, John OHM Ω
Thanks, John OHM Ω

cemx86

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 05:41:48 PM »
IGNORE my ravings please.  I just found out what I did wrong.  Herein lies my confession so that others will not follow my path of woe.

What I had done previously was;

1) Take my memory stick from last year which contains all the CNII files.
2) Copy the software update folders and files onto the memory stick overwriting the old files from last year.
3) Plug in the stick, power up the CNII, follow the instructions to update everything, power cycle the CNII.
4) Grow morose as the reboot takes forever.

Can you spot where I fouled up? 

I should have read the instructions!!  They clearly state to; "Copy and paste the contents to a blank USB stick. " 

Notice the word "blank".  Mine wasn't blank.  It had stuff on the stick from prior years.  When I copied the new files onto the non-blank stick I had a mishmash of old and new files. 

I started over again with a blank (reformated) stick, copied the folders/files onto the blank stick, reloaded the CNII with the latest code and now everything is perfecto.   

Thanks, John OHM Ω
Thanks, John OHM Ω

Chris Hostettler

• One more climb :-)
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 02:06:43 AM »
 :)
? Question
Why does the update ZIP file have such a strange tree?
Under Languages you find again a folder: "Proposed CNII Updater Stick Image Pieces - 3-21-2019"
Any comments?
Chris
Chris Hostettler
VH-XCH
CH

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
Let's all just heave a sigh of relief that he didn't stick a resource fork in there :o

Evan Ludeman / T8