Author Topic: Glider Track Display  (Read 2645 times)

dcmarotta

Glider Track Display
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:14:05 AM »
Hi Evan,

I've been flying an ASH-30 mi with its owner, Tom, and it's equipped with CN-II.  I'm very impressed with its intuitiveness and display clarity and brightness and some day I'll equip my ship with one.

We've both found that my XCSoar running on a Dell Streak 5 has a superior track display and we use the streak for centering and relocating marginal lift.  I understand that you used to use XCSoar so you should be familiar with its displays and I'm asking you if you can get the software guys to modify the ClearNav software to show the glider track as a solid line in lift with varying width to indicate strength as is done with XCSoar instead of a bunch of variable sized polka dots.  It's so much easier to steer back to lift, especially wave, with the XCSoar-type track.

Thanks
Dan

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: Glider Track Display
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »
Hi Dan,

I'm not current on XCSoar... last I used was in 2012.  I don't recall a varying width track.

Anyhow, the polka dot sizes in CN change as you change MC setting -- set the MC to the lift you are looking for and the dots will show you the way.  I won't claim there isn't a better way, but CN works really well for marking lift in wave. 
Evan Ludeman / T8

dcmarotta

Re: Glider Track Display
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Next time I fly the '30 I'll give it a look-see.