Author Topic: A feature request forum will only work if there's a dialog  (Read 2827 times)

Tom5Z

A feature request forum will only work if there's a dialog
« on: December 27, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
We occasionally see some comments from Evan, but never anything from the developers.

I wonder how many visitors agree with some of the suggestions, but not willing to actually post a comment.  Why not provide a voting option?

All posted requests should be acknowledged and some clues provided as to whether or when they might get implemented.

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: A feature request forum will only work if there's a dialog
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »
I read it all, usually pretty quickly (this is a busy time of year for other things...).

I'm putting together the next CN2 wish list.  It's heavy on flarm, but also includes better support for FAI and OLC tasks and task naming/import/export from USB, compatible with SeeYou.  I stress that my role here is the "wish list", I don't make the decisions as far as what gets implemented.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:07:15 AM by Evan Ludeman / T8 »
Evan Ludeman / T8

Tom5Z

Re: A feature request forum will only work if there's a dialog
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »
To the outside observer, this forum is a black hole.  Also, some of your responses imply that you have very little influence with the developers.

By dialog, I mean that there needs to be some back and forth...

Customer suggests a feature, vendor responds with questions and some push back, and customer follows up with their own push back.  At this point, some other customers might get interested in participating since there is the appearance of the vendor actually listening.

I love the CN I and think it's a great improvement over the Compaq Aero I was flying with until just a few years ago.  But other than the glide amoeba, and the intuitive remote control, there's not much new for the non-racing pilot.