Author Topic: Wind readout inop  (Read 2402 times)

Mark Olinger

Wind readout inop
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:23:41 AM »
All functions of the unit are normal but for the fact that wind direction and speed is 180/0.  Cannot find a reference to this on this forum.  As an aside I'd note that the cruise function of the 302 is not working and coincided with the wind issue.  Thoughts?  I believed the CN calculated winds independent of the 302.

Today I powered the unit up outside of the ship and it shows winds of 000/0.  I checked that the manual wind setting was not selected as well.

I'd value thoughts to lead me to a solution!

Mark

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: Wind readout inop
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:29:22 AM »
If you have a 302 connected, ClearNav is going to report the wind information transmitted by the 302.  If it's wrong... it's wrong!

If you disconnect the 302, ClearNav calculates wind based on drift while circling.  It's slow and of course only updates when you are circling.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Jim Staniforth

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »
Wonder if the 302 sees GPS satellites? This might explain the not switching and wind problems.
Imagine you'd still see the 302 connection (c) on the display bottom left if there was no GPS connected to the 302.
Jim

Mark Olinger

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 06:45:54 AM »
Thanks Evan and Jim.  Will check the connections on the 302.  The 302 is getting satellites as there were the three dashes indicating it was, on the R/H side of the display.  Will check the 302 connection (c) as well.  Not familiar with that.

I do know that when I put the switch in climb position I get the visual indication on the 302 with the circular arrow.  I am aware of the need to circle to get updated, accurate winds.

Thanks again...Mark