Author Topic: FAI task start  (Read 2279 times)

pavel621

FAI task start
« on: July 04, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »
I was flying FAI task with start and finish at the airport (not remote start). Task started 3ft above the ground during tow after crossing rwy intersection and CNII  than  started to navigate to next turn point. I had to go back couple of screens and undo that false start. It would be nice to have option to set custom minimum altitude  for FAI task to avoid above ,problem,, - extra workload before task start.
Also FAI code allows 500m cylinders not only 90 degree sectors for turn points. Thank you Pavel

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: FAI task start
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 04:23:54 AM »
You don't have to reset anything.  Just make another start.  As long as you haven't made the first turn, CN2 will give you a new start automatically.

In the current commercial CN2 release, both FAI sectors and 500m radius circles are displayed.  You didn't see the circles because they are are 500m radius (that is: really small).  In an upcoming release, you will have the choice of setting sectors only or circles only (and you can do this in flight).  In general, I think people will use the sectors. 
Evan Ludeman / T8