Author Topic: Forum FAQ (updated 1/5/13)  (Read 4825 times)

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Forum FAQ (updated 1/5/13)
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »
Welcome to the CN Instruments User (or prospective user) forum.

Here's the Forum FAQ v0.4:

1.  "Do I have to register?"  Yes, if you want to post anything.

2.  Registration is being handled by "email authentication" at the moment.  You must supply a valid email address and you must know enough about soaring to answer some simple soaring related questions. 

3.  "Are there any ground rules?"  It's all common sense (or should be).  You absolutely must keep things civil.  This board is paid for by CNi, please treat this as private property onto which you have been invited, because that's exactly what this place is.  Obviously, the board admin has all the tools necessary to clean up any messes that get made here, but we'd like not to have to do a lot of that.

4.  "Can we talk about non-ClearNav instruments?"  Sure.  See "state of the art". 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:05:33 PM by Evan Ludeman / T8 »
Evan Ludeman / T8

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: Forum FAQ (updated 1/5/13)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »
I want to add a couple of comments on how I do things here....

First of all, I want to make clear that this forum exists for the very limited purpose of sharing helpful information between CNi and our customers and would be customers regarding CNi products. 

Customer to customer interaction is invited and encouraged.

This forum is not archival.  I will, from time to time, edit my own posts, move your posts (for organization) and will, for any of a variety of reasons delete material.  The reasons for deletion will usually be because the material no longer relevant, but it could also be for any of a number of other reasons.  Any material that continues to be helpful to CNi customers will almost certainly stay. 

I make it my business to check up on things here daily, more often when there are active discussions.  Urgent problems, especially those that appear to be particular to your specific device or installation are usually best handled by email or a phone call to CNi or your dealer (who may refer you to some specific person at CNi).

Thanks for participating and Good Soaring!
Evan Ludeman / T8