Author Topic: ClearNav Display "Personalities" and Turnpoints Wiped Out?  (Read 603 times)

Pappa3

ClearNav Display "Personalities" and Turnpoints Wiped Out?
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:35:28 AM »
So,  i got to the airport on Saturday, and when  I fired up the ClearNav (I) a couple of things were wrong.  First,  all of the waypoint and SUA files that were active last weekend when I flew were gone.  There were no waypoints or SUAs "loaded",  though they were all still "available".   Interestingly,   the tasks from last weekend were still in the task memory.  Worse,  my "Personality" profile along with all of the screen and glide performance settings were gone.     In summary, there was some sort of partial erasure of my persistent data.   

Also,  today's flight log was rejected by the OLC by the "invalid time records" problem.    In this case, I did not power-cycle the unit at any point in the flight,  though I did reload the waypoints   

Has this ever been reported before (search of the archive didn't show anything that I could find)?   More importantly,  does this mean I'm heading for a more comprehensive failure? 

P3

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: ClearNav Display "Personalities" and Turnpoints Wiped Out?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
Very weirdly, I saw exactly the same thing happen on Sunday.  Now I thought I understood this one, because this glider has just changed hands and the prev. owner deleted  his pilot "profile" which (I thought) was the cause of all the polar and setup information being deleted.

My CN2 was working normally. 
Evan Ludeman / T8

Pappa3

Re: ClearNav Display "Personalities" and Turnpoints Wiped Out?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 08:51:23 AM »
Update.   No leads on what caused my pilot profile to disappear.    Went ahead and re-entered the various glide/map display/units settings based on my memory and some screenshots of my panel in flight.     Will monitor and hope for no nasty surprises at Fairfield next week.