Author Topic: task not completed  (Read 1297 times)

BobWa

task not completed
« on: May 13, 2020, 06:17:22 AM »
I am new to ClearNav2.  I have planned and flown two tasks using the ClearNav2.  ClearNav gave me a start time and changed from the start to first way point and then to the second way point, and then to the finish but no finish was acknowledged.  I had the same task in my Nano and my Oudie, both recorded a completed task and the Oudie gave me a "task finished" announcement. This sequence applies to both flights.  When the flights were analyzed on SeeYou, the files from the Nano and Oudie produced task completed analysis while the files from the ClearNav in one case said no valid start and in the other only the start was acknowledged.  I have attached the files from a flight on April 9th, one from the ClearNav and one from the Nano.  Please help figure out what I am doing wrong.  Well I can't attach the files because they are too large.  Would some one who is expert in this area give me an email address to forward the files to. Thanks for any help.

carbonprop

Re: task not completed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 05:51:28 AM »
What type of task did you enter?  Was your finish height no more than 3000 meters below your start height?

BobWa

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 06:48:27 AM »
It was an FAI task and the finish height and the start height were essentially equal.  Surely you meant 3000 feet not meters.

carbonprop

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 07:06:46 AM »
Yes, sorry, 1000 meters. What were the options for turnpoints, start and finish?  Lines, sectors, circles?

BobWa

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 05:17:55 AM »
The task not completed problem is due to the random recording of non existent engine noise.  As to what causes this problem, that's anybodies guess, but it is certainly not actual noise.  I have a nano running at the same time in the same  basic location and no noise is recorded on it.