Author Topic: Flam Traffic on CNII  (Read 219 times)

SteveB_Z5

Flam Traffic on CNII
« on: September 17, 2020, 03:36:51 PM »
In regards to the Flarm indications on the ClearNavII: for every traffic, I saw the Contest ID, and the rate of climb. I did not see the relative (or absolute) altitude of that traffic, only arrows for above/below. Is that what you remember? Is it configurable? It would make more sense to display altitude rather than rate of climb, if it can’t show both. I could not find a place to configure this, on the setup page. Although I know I can see this info. on the butterfly display, still it would be nice to have it also on the ClearNavII screen.

Steve Asking for Ethan

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: Flam Traffic on CNII
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »
The relative altitude number was replaced with the chevron scheme about 2016. 

Evan Ludeman / T8

Ethan

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 05:49:40 PM »
Quite a few pilots feel that the relative altitude of Flarm targets is one of the more important bits of information, they would want to see on the ClearNavII display. Do you think there is any chance the ClearNav folks would consider bringing it back, in future versions? Perhaps even having this user-configurable, so every user can check box in the settings, what data of Flarm targets he wants to see on his display? (I.e. contest ID, relative altitude, rate of climb).

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 05:12:10 AM »
My opinion:  Relative altitude is far more useful than climb rate.  Rex knows all about it :-).  I do know we have a software engineer looking over some possibilities for further product development.  I have no info on specifics or timeline.

CN2 is great at plotting target locations and transmitting collision warnings.  Various small stand alone devices are better for details, such as relative altitude, climb rate, distance.  I have an LXNav Flarmview 57 in my panel, which does a pretty good job of providing the details, as long as your vision can cope with the very small fonts. 
Evan Ludeman / T8