Author Topic: Not booting up correctly  (Read 71 times)

A10Buster

Not booting up correctly
« on: November 15, 2020, 09:00:56 AM »
Hi I'm a newbie here and with the Clearnav II - recently purchased a glider from Ohio and the Clearnav II came with the deal.  When I flew it the first two times here in Alabama, it had the .sua and .stx files for Ceasar creek loaded.  It worked inflight to the minimum extent I used it - I wasn't paying much attention to it but it was showing map, flight path, thermals, etc.  I downloaded and then uploaded the Sylacauga files to the unit.  Then I selected them and loaded them.  When I got to the field yesterday, I got a blank screen, but with some data fields on it showing mostly zero.  Appreciate any help you can provide!  Will try to upload photos
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:20:11 AM by A10Buster »

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
Re: Not booting up correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 09:09:03 AM »
Sorry you are having issues... but we need a little more to go on.  Screen shots would be great.  Hit me up by email if you like.

best,
Evan

Evan Ludeman / T8

A10Buster

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
OK was able to upload an image.  Not much there.  It's on the portable power supply but thats about the same as I got with the gps connected.

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 12:01:07 PM »
Does the ribbon menu come up?

If it does, please  reverse the waypoint and sua changes you made, and restart.

I'm assuming you have GPS antenna connected. 

Evan Ludeman / T8

A10Buster

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 04:01:53 PM »
Yes the ribbon menu comes up. The menu functionality seems fine.  My first action yesterday during preflight was to unload my local .stx and .sua and re-load the Caesar Creek files, suspecting some type of corruption but to no avail. The picture Is the CN on a portable power supply with no gps. It looks basically the same as it did with the gps connected.

A10Buster

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 06:21:03 PM »
Problem solved.  There was a task active for Ceasar Creek, and I had Sylacauga WP loaded, and I believe that was the source of the FUBAR.  I made a local task active and it was happy. 

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 04:45:11 AM »
CN2 is supposed to deal more gracefully with that situation, and it most often does.

It's a good practice when changing databases to clear all tasks associated with databases that aren't in use.
Evan Ludeman / T8