Author Topic: "NO ADC" warning  (Read 265 times)

MarkfromNL

"NO ADC" warning
« on: June 30, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »
Hi all,

My CNv has started to show the "NO ADC" warning recently, intermittently during flights and on the ground.
During the last flight it was quite difficult already when it happened - it did come back after some 15 minutes.
The audio still works and data is still sent to my openvario, but I like to have the thermal assistant and needle working.

Not as a result of power switching (I will check all connections asap, though).
Any clue as to what it could be, and a known fix?

Thanks,
Mark

xcnick

Re: "NO ADC" warning
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 04:41:07 PM »
I am starting to get this warning as well. it happens on start up, so I just turn it off and turn it back on. Wish I could be of some help.

MarkfromNL

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 06:11:06 AM »
Thanks Nick,

It seems to be intermittent, I now have two cables running to the display that seems to be causing the issue (have a mech. needle for the indication and a square "nav" display for the TA). As far as I can tell, the nav display cable connection.

Though with recent experience it looks like something internal is malfunctioning in the nav display that is causing haywire on the can bus. Can't say it's temperature related since it also bugs out consistently when I speed up with the vents open (I'm at a loss on this one).

Full resets do seem to work, but are not flawless. The nav display sometimes fails to start up at all. When at competitions (halfway through one at the moment with a canopy removal per day for this issue..) I can't afford a vario that's doing this.

Additionally can't reset the firmware since I don't have a windows pc on hand to (re)create the profile.

xcnick

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 06:21:47 AM »
I have only had it happen a few times at start up. Thanks for your post because it has happened to the CNII but it didn't give the warning so I didn't think of the issues as connected. The CNII just left a blank display and I restarted it.

DanDaly

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 06:38:41 AM »
I have had the problem a couple of times and fixed it by reinstalling the software and profile.

I just started getting 'download failed' for .igc files and will be reinstalling to see if it works for that too.

Evan Ludeman / T8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 01:53:09 PM »
Try a different USB drive as well.  We seem to have good luck with SanDisk on CNv.
Evan Ludeman / T8